Game Rating :
Developer: PF Magic
Game Type : Fighting
Release Date : 1994
Modes : Single + Multi Player
Ballz 3D (SNES) Gameplay
Ballz 3D is a two-player 3D action fighting video game for the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis, the Super NES (SNES) and the 3DO. It was developed by PF Magic and published by Accolade in 1994. Ballz 3D offered three difficulty levels over a total of 21 matches. Its distinguishing quality was that each of the characters were composed completely of spheres, giving a 3D perspective.
These are the characters in the game’s lineup of fighters:
- Boomer: A clown from the circus. His air jumps and the tricks up his sleeves make him the most humorous fighter.
- Bruiser: A bodybuilder who gets quite a workout. His buffed-up body and powerful blows make him a formidable fighter.
- Crusher: An enraged rhinoceros who prefers to charge at his opponents directly.
- Divine: A ballerina dancer who twirls around gracefully. She’s the only female fighter and will sometimes give a spanking.
- Kronk: A caveman from the dawn of civilization. He uses his club to cut his opponents down to size and hits them like a baseball.
- Tsunami: A sumo wrestler who enjoys leaping on top of his opponents.
- Turbo: A superhero who glides along the arena and blows as strongly as a hurricane. He is the only fighter who uses ranged attacks.
- Yoko: A monkey who often breaks wind. He enjoys ganging up on you and slapping you silly.
- Zombie: Only appears in the director’s cut version of the game. He stalks and slashes at his enemies.
These are the bosses who appear in One-Player mode. Each boss defeated earns a different colored belt, and these change the fighter’s coloring scheme.
- Guggler: The first boss in the game. Guggler is an ostrich who pecks at her opponents and tosses them around with her beak. Her “jump and kick” ability also makes her a boss to be reckoned with. Defeating her wins the Red Belt.
- Bounder: The second boss of the game. Bounder is a kangaroo who wears boxing gloves and uses punches and kicks. He often jumps around and balances on his tail while using his legs to fling opponents across the arena. Defeating him wins the Green Belt.
- T-Wrecks: The third boss in the game. T-Wrecks is a gigantic dinosaur who relies on an aggressive temperament as an attack. He will grab opponents in his jaws and creates devastating ground shock waves with a powerful tail. Defeating him wins the Blue Belt.
- Lamprey: The fourth boss of the game. Lamprey is a mystical genie whose swift attacks and magical powers make him a formidable foe. He possesses the ability to turn himself into any creature, such as a bull, a scorpion, or a snake. Defeating him wins the Black Belt.
- The Jester: The ultimate boss. The Jester is the one who challenged the fighters to duel in the tournament at the start. He dons a black-and-white outfit and can be seen juggling balls in the opening. As the final boss, he is the most difficult character to beat. He can disassemble himself and move about the floor, and has physical attacks that are very strong. The damage he does can take off much of the player’s health. After being defeated for the first time, he reassembles and comes back for more. When the Jester finally falls, he grants the fighter’s wish – to play as the bosses.
Check Out Our Youtube Channel
Please check out our youtube channel which is dedicated to everything SNES related. We try to post at least one video a week and our videos cover, Cheats, Reviews, SNES Game Hacks, SNES Hidden Gem Games and much more, Check us out now
Help support this site by subscribing now.
Ballz 3D (SNES) Controls and Manual
Question : What Are The Game Controls For Ballz 3D?
Answer : Here They Are.
L : Punch
R : Kick
A : Jump
B : Kick
X : Jump, holding jumps higher
Y : Punch
Start : Pause
Select : Nothing
If you plan to play this game it might help to learn the game controls first. If any of these controls for Ballz 3D are incorrect please let us know by posting a comment below
Question : I have Lost The Manual For Ballz 3D For The SNES, What Can I do?
Answer : I have found this website called Games Database which has super nintendo manuals (and art work) in .pdf format that you can download and use. For the manual for Ballz 3D click here
Ballz 3D (SNES) Reviews
Question : Is Ballz 3D On The SNES Any Good?
Answer : Below is how Ballz 3D Super Nintendo game rated on popular gaming sites on the internet. This should give you a good idea if the game is worth playing or not. If you have an opinion about this game please let us know about it in the comment section below.
- IGN = 5.8
- Gamefaqs = 1.85
Question : How Long Does It Take To Complete Ballz 3D On The SNES?
Answer : If you plan to play this game you will be interested to know how long this game will take to complete and how hard people rate this game. You can check the stats for the game here howlongtobeat.com
If you have played this game please post a comment below and let us know what you thought of the game, How long it took you to complete and how hard do you think the game was?
Ballz 3D (SNES) Walkthroughs
Question : Are you stuck on this game or want to find and unlock everything?
Answer : Good news, There is a website that has thousands of walkthrough for snes games which were created and submitted by SNES fans just like me and you. Best of all there are some cheats and also save states you can also download. You can find a Ballz 3D snes walkthrough by clicking here
Ballz 3D (SNES) ROM Download
Question : Is It Illegal To Download and Play a ROM of Ballz 3D ?
Answer : Yes it is illegal. We will not supply any links to download the Ballz 3D rom file as we want to keep this site legal. Nintendo have posted the following on there website “whether you have possession of a Nintendo ROM for a limited amount of time, i.e. 24 hours, it is illegal to download and play a Nintendo ROM from the Internet” which makes it clear that downloading ROMS is completely illegal.
A lot of people say this is a grey area, Some say as long as you own the game on the SNES you can download and play the ROM as a backup to the physical media, this is not true. Nintendo see ROMS as a threat to date to the intellectual property rights of video game developers.
Ballz 3D (SNES) Replacement Box Art
Question : I have The Ballz 3D SNES Cartridge But Not The Box?
Answer : I have found this website called nintandbox where you can download the box art for this game. It has most of the game boxes for super nintendo games.
You then simply need to print out the picture you download, then cut out the box then fold and glue the box and you will have a great looking replacement box which will look similar to the box to the right. To download the box artwork for this game click here If you do try to make your own box let us know how you get on by posting a comment below.
Ballz 3D (SNES) Price Trend
Question : How Much Does This Game Cost To Buy? Where Can I buy It From?
Answer : I have found this great site that will tell you how much this game is worth now and how much the price has gone up or down over the last ten years. You can also see what the price is for lose carts in good and bad condition as well as a fully boxed game and a new unopened game. This site also lists where you can buy the game like ebay / amazon / gamestop and also lists how much they are selling the game for.
To check out the price for this game click here
Ballz 3D (SNES) Q and A
Question : This Game Is Hard, Do You Have Any Cheats For This Game?
Answer : For a full list of all the SNES cheats we have Click Here If the cheat you are after is not listed keep checking back as we are updating our cheat sections frequently.
Question : Do You Have Any Videos Of Ballz 3D On The SNES?
Answer : If you want to see videos of this game take a look here for longplays, reviews, cheats and more.
Question : Do You Have Social Media Accounts?
Answer : Of course 🙂 We would love it if you would join us on the following sites.
Question : How Can I Submit My Rating For This Game?
Answer : If you have played this game please help us out by submitting your rating below. We would also love it if you could post a comment below to let us know what you thought of the game.
Thanks for reading this post I hope the information was useful for you. I have tried to cover all aspects of the game I thought would be useful, If you have any feedback about anything in this post please post a comment below. Please help us by sharing this page using the icons below, Every little help, Thanks 🙂